Many tragic stories continue to come from Nepal. Saturday’s earthquake killed more than 2,400 people and injured almost 6,000. Aftershocks continue.
Of the 31 million people who make up this country (not to mention other countries affected), 27 million are considered unreached with the gospel, including almost 4 million unengaged-unreached.
Here are a few prayer points that we have on our church’s web site:
- Pray that people will have access to basic needs like food, water, shelter, and medical care. Currently those affected by the earthquake are sleeping outside, water sources are compromised, and medical facilities overrun.
- Pray that people still trapped in the rubble will quickly be found and survive.
- Pray for the church in Nepal to immediately respond to needs in their communities in ways that allow them to share the gospel.
- Pray for many in Nepal to turn to Christ in the midst of this crisis.
- Pray for protection, provision, and boldness for our Brook Hills members and partners working in Nepal.
Here are some credible ministries to which you may want to give to assist with the relief efforts:
On last Friday’s episode of Strike the Match, I discussed the challenges of a complex Church culture and the power of ordinary Spirit-filled people serving the 4 billion without Christ. Check it out, and subscribe at iTunes or through RSS.