It is great to be back on the blog after taking time off in January. The past three months have been crazy-busy. I have been serving as the interim Global Disciple Making Pastor with Brook Hills since the end of last year and recently finished the third season of Strike the Match. Last month, I taught a Ph.D. seminar in missions at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and a graduate course in missions at Beeson Divinity School. I think things have slowed down for at least a week.
I want to draw your attention to Simon Kemp’s recently posted article “Eleven New People Join Social Media Every Second (and Other Impressive Stats).” After reading this article, you need to download the Digital in 2018 presentation–a massive goldmine of helpful charts and data on 230 countries and territories.
- 3.2 billion people are active social media users
- Average user spends 6 hours per day on the internet
- More than 200 million people got their first mobile device in 2017
- A quarter of a billion people got online for the first time in the last 12 months
- Saudi Arabia is the fastest growing country when it comes to social media users (with India close behind)
May the Lord give us grace today to see the possibilities. . . and to act on them later today.